Last modified: February 13, 2018
- • What information we collect and why we collect it.
- • How we use that information.
- • The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Peoplegogo Ltd. (which represents Peoplegogo) so whether you are new to Peoplegogo or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Data Protection Policy
Peoplegogo Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration reference: ZA299331
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- • Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for Peoplegogo. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like personal information, your name, email address, telephone number, location, etc..
- • Information we get from your use of our services.We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- ⚬ Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Peoplegogo Ltd. may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Account.
- ⚬ Log information.When you use our services or view content provided by Peoplegogo Ltd., we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- - details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- - Internet protocol address.
- - device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- - cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Account.
- ⚬ Location information. When you use Peoplegogo, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- ⚬ Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Peoplegogo Ltd. and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
We may use the name you provide for your Profile across all of the services we offer that require an Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Peoplegogo Ltd., we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Peoplegogo Ltd. services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Peoplegogo Ltd. processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Peoplegogo Ltd. unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- • With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Peoplegogo Ltd. when we have your consent to do so.
- • With domain administrators.If your Account is managed for you by the administrator of your company then your domain administrator and re-sellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- ⚬ view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- ⚬ change your account password.
- ⚬ suspend or terminate your account access.
- ⚬ access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- ⚬ receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- ⚬ restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- • For legal reasons.We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Peoplegogo Ltd. if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- ⚬ meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- ⚬ enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- ⚬ detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- ⚬ protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Peoplegogo Ltd., our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Peoplegogo Ltd. and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- • We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- • We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- • We restrict access to personal information to Peoplegogo Ltd. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.